Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Work it Wednesday - Cheers!

 Maybe I've been watching too many episodes of "Mad Men" but it seems to me the ladies of the 50's always had a drink in hand.  The majority of the time the drink is a martini. 


 

How exactly did one make a Martini and Dry Martini back in the day?  Well, this is exactly how they did it in the 50's...
Since this is a little difficult to see I've written out the recipe for you.... and, you're welcome.

MARTINI:
3 part Gin
I part Vermouth
Fill mixing glass with cracked ice.  Add ice and dry vermouth. Still briskly until drink is really cold. Strain into pre-chilled 3 oz cocktail glass. Add a green olive.

DRY MARTINI:
Make above using 5 parts Gin to 1 part Dry Vermouth. Add olive or twist of lemon. 

Thank you for reading my blog 
and
Have a Happy Day - Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers