Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dana's Dramatic Dressforms - Meet Genevieve

I recently created a custom dressform for a husband buying his wife a gift in celebration of their first wedding anniversary. This sweet man (yes, I think he should give lessons on how to be a great husband) requested a dressform meeting his wife's measurements and "dressed" (what I call the final covering on my dressforms) in the traditional first anniversary gift, paper. I was happy to take on the task.

Meet "Genevieve". In my mind she's sophisticated, elegant and intelligent. She has the ability to turn men's heads and melt the hearts of young and old with her sweet spirit.
I love how Genevieve turned out. I put a lot of time and attention into her details. For example, notice the way the papers create a fish bone like pattern in the chest and midsection. The back mimics the same fish bone design.

Please keep checking back with Happy Day Vintage for more one-of-a-kind dressforms. As always, I do custom dressforms as well. Please contact me if you have questions.
douglasdanae@yahoo.com
Thank you for reading the Happy Day Vintage blog
and
Have a Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers