Monday, September 28, 2009

I hate good byes....

Every once in awhile I purchase something for my Happy Day Vintage shop which I simply cannot give up. Here are a few of those items:


I don't normally gravitate toward the antique treasures (I prefer retro/mod/vintage) but I couldn't live without this window and it's matching counterpart. These two windows flank either side of our fireplace. I don't know where they came from but it's fun coming up with outrageous stories on their original location. They make for a fun conversation starter.
This lamp is cork and crazy... I love it. Obviously the material drew me to it but I fell in love with the sexy, curvy shape. It sits on the end table (below) next to our couch.

The end table above started out a dark brown, faux wood color. I painted it black (although I need to do one or two more coats) and put it next to our couch. I love functional art.


I just purchased this fantastic office chair. Obviously, it sits in our office. I giggle every time I look at it because it reminds me of the movie "Anchorman".

This is the first item I ever kept for myself, vs putting it for sale in the Happy Day Vintage Shop. Much like the lamp above, I love the curvy shape. I also like the bright white color. It adds a pop of interest in our dark orange office.

Thank you for reading my blog.
Have a Happy Day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that window is gorgeous! Like you, my style is typically more modern, but I would have kept the window too! Love the lamps, I've never seen a cork lamp before. And your "Anchorman" chair is pretty groovy, and totally cracks me up. 'I love Scotch...scotchity scotch scotch scotch...'

    ReplyDelete

Happy Day Vintage on Face Book!

Happy Day Vintage on Facebook

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Followers